IEEE-SA and BHTY Workgroup: Roadmap for Digitalizing Clinical Trials
Session Description: Digitalization of Clinical Trials from End-to-End – The Right Time is Now to Jump in - there are many hype words thrown around in the healthcare sector in an effort to place the impetus on the need for change. – “disruptive,” “innovation,” “breakthrough” and more- Put aside the hype – the lukewarm approach to embracing digital technologies for clinical trials is over.
The fever pitch of emerging technology applications impacting clinical trials are providing solutions for trial sponsors to combat the mounting challenges of cost and delays in bringing medicine to the market. The time is right to jump in to digitalizing the process if you want to get ahead of the curve in efficiency and efficacy to enhance patient safety and accelerate drug development.
The reality is simple - cutting-edge technologies can revolutionize the clinical trials model not only by optimizing the processes but delivering more value for patients and all the critical stakeholders. This session will feature an interactive panel discussion addressing the following key points:
1. What is the roadmap for an end-to-end digitalized clinical trial? What are the limitations? What are the opportunities?
2. Debunking the myth that digitization is digitalization of clinical trials
3. Identifying all potential areas where technologies like Blockchain, Robotic Process Automation, IoT, and Artificial Intelligence can digitize Clinical Trials
4. Can digitalization meet all the expectations of all stakeholders – regulatory, patients, pharma and others?
5. The combination of AI and Machine learning for “data-driven” decision models -what are we looking to solve, what will it change?
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright of their work, with first publication rights granted to Telehealth and Medicine Today (TMT).
TMT is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.