Journal Relationships & Activities
Telehealth and Medicine Today (THMT) requires all board and staff members to disclose financial and non-financial relationships and activities. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he/she and/or a spouse or partner had a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months, and is reported below. Disclosures below report board member and staff affiliation beyond that of a current employer. For a complete list of editorial team and staff members please click here. Updates are continuous.
Note: Editorial Board Members are excluded from the peer review process if a competing interest exists. Where an Editorial Board Member is author they must declare this in the competing interests section on the submitted manuscript.
Lyle Berkowitz, MD, FACP, FHIMSS, USA
- Relationships & Activities: Board member for Oneview Healthcare and PatientBond; advisor to Somalogic and HealthX Ventures, CEO at KeyCare
Amar Gupta, PhD, USA
- Relationships & Activities: Advisor to MITRE, Paid Keynote for McDermott Will & Emery LLP, AI in Healthcare event, Consultant to Walmart Health, Lead researcher for Philips sponsored projects, Consultant to United Technology Corporation, MIT Hacking Machine and King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology
John D. Halamka, MD, MS, USA
- Relationships & Activities: Advisory Board roles at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions, IPRD Solutions, TripleBlind and New Leaf Venture Partners, Orion Healthcare Board of Directors and Gates Foundation Consultant. I am also the co-editor-in-chief of Blockchain in Healthcare Today open access peer reviewed journal.
Paul Barach, B.Sc. MD, MPH, Maj (ret.), USA
- Relationships & Activities: Pegwin—consultant and stockholder at Play It Health, advisory board member and stockholder at Vital tech and principle at J Bara Innovation
Andrew Philip, PhD, LP, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I do not review or submit articles on CMS policies or models, nor endorse any content on behalf of HHS/CMS. I am a minor shareholder in MindMed (publicly traded company). I am a Teladoc Health independent contractor. These interests will have no impact on my editorial decisions and recommendations.
Jefferson G. Fernandes, MD, MSc, PhD, MBA, Brazil
- Relationships & Activities: I'm owner of SPECIS - a Health Consulting Firm.
Joe Hawayek, UAE
- Relationships & Activities: I am a board member at TachyHealth, Senior Advisor of Diginova Health a digital health incubator, investor and consulting company. My spouse is the Medical Director and owner of a medical practice in Dubai that offers pediatrics, family medicine and orthopedics specialties
Advisory Board Members
Richard Anglin, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I own telmedx and all associated patent applications.
David B. Nash, MD, MBA, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I am a frequent speaker. Proceeds go to Jefferson University
Marcus Osborne, USA
- Relationships & Activities: Walmart Health & Wellness stock holder; HealthTap advisor and stock holder; Recover Together stock holder
Shayan Vyas, MD, MBA, FAAP, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I own shares of Teladoc Health.
Editorial Board Members
Andrew J. Butler, PhD, MBA, PT, FAPTA, FASAHP, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I am an advisor to Motus Nova, LLC. The company produced a robotic device for stroke rehabilitation. I receive no financial or stock compensation.
Jordan Coffey, MBA, MHA, MA, USA
- Relationships & Activities: Grant Recipient, Noaber Foundation
Utibe Effiong, MD, MPH, MHA, USA
- Relationships & Activities: Owner of Treasure Health LLC, and independent contractor for Amwell, MDLIVE and Teladoc
Matthew R. Fisher, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I'm outside attorney for various physician practices, hospitals, SNFs, care delivery organizations, digital health companies and liability insurers.
Sujeet Katiyar, India
- Relationships & Activities: I have a stake in Corporate Concepts & Knowledgeware Creators Ltd (CCKC Ltd). My spouse is a board member and stakholder in CCKC Ltd.
Micaela Seemann Monteiro, MD, Portugal
- Relationships & Activities: I'm owner of Seemann Monteiro Consulting, Lda and shareholder/partner of Stand Clear, Lda.
Sunil Shroff, MS. FRCS, D Urol, India
- Relationships & Activities: I'm the editorial director of www.medindia.net
Meg Barron, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I participate in-kind on the following Boards/Steering Committees - MassChallenge, HealthTech Advisory Board, Together Health Executive Steering Committee, MATTER Advisory Board, HealthTech Arkansas Advisory Board and TEDMED Research Scholar
Verónica Blanco Gutiérrez , PhD Candidate, UK
- Relationships & Activities: Sareholder of GSK and Smith & Nephew
Sandeep Reddy, Austalia
- Relationships & Activities: I am Founder-Chairman, Medi-AI
Matthew Sakumoto, MD, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I am an independent contractor for Clearstop Health and PlushCare Health and receive honorarium from the American Medical Association (AMA) and Matter Health
Dr. C. Sheela Sasikumar, India
- Spouse distributes medical and surgical disposible products
Allison Viola, MBA, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I own Cerner stock
Debbie Voyles, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I have received honoraria from Maine Health, Vidyo Telehealth Summit and Vidyo Telehealth Advisory Board in 2017. Travel support to participate in InTouch Telehealth Summit in 2016. Travel support to present at Maine Health Summit about UCHealth rollout of Virtual Health. I have received funds to cover travel costs to attend vendor Summits to learn about their new Telehealth applications as well as honorarium to speak at the Maine Health Summit about how UCHealth has rolled out our Virtual Health program within the EPIC environment. Any funding I have received or will receive for travel costs from vendors will not influence my decision or affect my ability to choose the best software or hardware options for our Virtual Health program.
Claire Wulf Winiarek, PhD, USA
- Relationships & Activities: Amazon.com, Inc, specifically Amazon Care, Amazon Pharmacy,
and PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy.
Publishing and Operations Staff
Tory Cenaj, USA
- Relationships & Activities: founder and owner of Partners in Digital Health, including the journals Blockchain in Healthcare Today, Telehealth and Medicine Today and all related activities and initiatives associated with these titles, and company portfolio. I volunteer for, and own, SolarCoin. I am advisor for IEEE-SA and advisor at NixWhistle.
John Russo Jr., PharmD, USA
- Relationships & Activities: I am the owner of The MedCom Resource
Ron Ribitzky MD, USA
- Relationships & Activities: Stock shareholder of iSpecimen. Business Partner of DEMTECH.biz, East-West Digital News, ACTIMIRA, and TALENTGRID VENTURES. Strategic Advisor and token rights holder ARNA Genomics, BitMED. MarketsandMarkets Honorarium recipient. Komodo Health