The Expanding Divide between Videoconferencing and Enterprise-Grade Virtual Care Platforms for Healthcare Systems
Keywords:Health systems; Hospitals, Hospitals, Purpose-Built, Telehealth Platform, Telehealth, Telemedicine, Virtual Care, Whole Person Virtual Care
COVID19’s silver lining in healthcare technology ushered in a massive adoption of virtual care by health systems, clinicians, and patients. In the post pandemic world, as consumer/patient adoption for digital health access exponential continues to grow—Health systems, Insurers, and clinicians all need re-evaluate strategies create larger budgets, and commitments towards Digital health. The growth and rapid adoption seen during the early months of the pandemic was stimulated by removal of legislative, financial and reimbursement barriers. Healthcare systems must carefully and strategically evaluate secure, purpose built, and strategic technological investment.
1. USA FACTS. US Coronavirus vaccine tracker, June 2021. [Updated 2021 Jun 12; cited 2021 Jul 14] Available from: https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/
2. Medical Economics Staff. 2021. Top challenges 2021: #2 getting paid and seeing enough patients. Med Econ J. 2021;98(8–9). [Updated 2021 Jun 12; cited 2021 Jul 14] Available from: https://www.medicaleconomics.com/view/top-challenges-2021-2-getting-paid-and-seeing-enough-patients
4. Abrams, K, Fera B, Bucaille A, Stewart D. 2020. Video visits go viral: COVID-19 sparks growth in video doctor’s visits. Deloitte Insights. 2020. [Updated 2021 Jun 12; cited 2021 Jul 14] Available from: https://www2.deloitte.com/xe/en/insights/industry/technology/technology-media-and-telecom-predictions/2021/virtual-doctor-video-visits.html
5. Trzcinski A, Becker J. 2020. Predictions 2021: Digital goes mainstream as the new normal sets in for healthcare. Forrester. 2020. [Updated 2021 Jun 12; cited 2021 Jul 14] Available from: https://go.forrester.com/blogs/healthcare-predictions-2021/
7. Biesdorf S, Niedermann F. 2014. Healthcare’s digital future. McKinsey & Company; 2014. [Updated 2021 Jun 12; cited 2021 Jul 14] Available from: https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/healthcare-systems-and-services/our-insights/healthcares-digital-future
- 2021-08-04 (2)
- 2021-07-30 (1)
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Shayan Vyas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright of their work, with first publication rights granted to Telehealth and Medicine Today (TMT).
TMT is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.