Telehealth and Medicine Today (TMT), is an online peer-review journal available for authors to add to their list of “where” to publish. There are a few items to note when you consider TMT:
- Editorial Mission of Publication: TMT endeavors to assist and inform an evolving health sector in launching and scaling delivery services to achieve sustainable outcomes in telehealth ad medicine within clinically integrated healthcare systems. This includes positive and negative results. One of our journal pillars is to honor success and failure in research. We believe it is the duty of scholarly publications to publish both.
- Turn-around Time: TMTis committed to providing fast turnaround for peer review. Our aim is 7 to 14 business days. Publication is continuous. As papers are accepte, they are published.
- Caliber of Board Members and Peer Reviewers: The team is a cross section of world-renowned experts bringing depth and breadth of knowledge and curiosity to a collegiate and egalitarian platform. Join the network and help build the community.
- Scholarly Practices: We adhere to ICMJE, COPE, and WAME guidelines and practices. TMT uses the PKP Open Journal Systems (OJS), platform and is published on WordPress brining an array of exciting services such as podcasts, video, blogs, training modules, and CME to our audience. We seek inclusion on content aggregators and online directories such as Google Scholar while we await membership to scholarly organizations.
- Portfolio: We are a far-reaching new era portfolio publishing in the telehealth and blockchain sectors – experiencing a new Renaissance for Healthcare. We are committed to sharing knowledge, provoking stimulating thoughts and conversations to build consensus, a clearer path forward in areas that pioneer innovation and change legacy systems, and assist in achieving better health, quality of care, and a more efficient healthcare system. If you share these values, throw your support behind us. It takes a village, and everyone brings something to the table. Opportunities present once—this one is yours to seize now…!
- Indexing: As a new journal, we don’t have an Impact Factor. Without your submissions, we don’t obtain an Impact Factor. Conundrum, yes? The quicker we get indexed, and accepted to an endless array of organizations and societies, which will benefit authors. As soon as our applications are accepted to DOAJ, MEDLINE, PubMed, etc. indexing your article will occur retroactively. Considering it takes months to publish a paper in some journals—in that time, TMT can have an Index Factor—but it doesn’t happen without your manuscript submission!
TMT has been conceived as a serious scholarly publication to benefit the healthcare sector and the initiatives, pilots, deployments, and outcomes many of you are focused on. Its scope, quality, originality of content sought, and significance of this content, will qualify TMT for inclusion in scholarly databases. We welcome your suggestions, and look forward to working together to achieve the goals both author and publisher need to meet.